Counselling, psychotherapy and coaching in Bristol and North Somerset
Welcome to Therapy Place, my North Somerset and Bristol-based counselling, coaching and psychotherapy practice website for individuals and couples.
As an experienced, fully qualified, accredited and BACP (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy) registered counsellor / psychotherapist, I work with individuals, couples and groups. I always seek to provide a relaxed, comfortable and individual approach to therapy and coaching allowing you to talk in confidence about any issues.
Through my main general practice based in Cambridge, UK, I offer a thriving telephone, Skype and Facetime service to individuals in Bristol and North Somerset. You can email me at email@example.com or text or call me on 07934 879 990. (All my points of contact are confidential. Please state Bristol or North Somerset in your message.)
Common reasons women and men contact me at my counselling, coaching and psychotherapy practice include:
- stress, anxiety, depression, rumination, self-blame
- issues around relationships, sex, sexuality, gender
- past sexual trauma and abuse
- low self-confidence and negative life events
- trauma and childhood abuse (female and male)
- issues concerning personal development and fulfilment
- work-related difficulties
- coaching for creative professionals
- looking for meaning in life.
If you are an individual or couple looking for sex therapy, relationship help, couples counselling or help with sexuality issues you might like to visit my general practice website and look at the relevant pages in the therapies section.
I have particular experience of working in the areas of:
- couples therapy
- working with women who prefer to see a male counsellor/psychotherapist
- pornography addictions and issues; read my book?
- working with men
- workplace performance anxiety and stress management
- mentoring and facilitation for individuals, groups and organisations
- coaching creative professionals
- working with risky sexual behaviours of all natures.
I also offer supervision to other practitioners as well as working with organisations that require the services of a supervisor, therapist for staff members and/or a mentor/facilitator on wider organisational issues.
Before you make the decision to begin counselling or therapy you may have some questions about what the process might entail or how it might help you. Since evidence suggests it is the relationship between you and your therapist that has one of the greatest impacts on the success of the work you do in counselling or psychotherapy, please feel welcome to contact me via email to arrange a short telephone conversation prior to booking a session.
Telephone: 07934 879 990 (text or call)
All calls and messages are confidential.
Therapy Place takes referrals from businesses, GPs and other therapists.
As well as working with people who live and work in Bristol BS1, BS3, BS8, BS48 and BS9, I also work with clients who contact me me from North Somerset, Long Ashton, Bath, Keynsham, Nailsea, Backwell, Clevedon, Portishead, Weston-super-Mare and Taunton.
Duncan E. Stafford MBACP Accredited and Registered counsellor / psychotherapist
Therapy Place: counselling, coaching for creative professionals, psychotherapy for men, women and couples in Bristol and North Somerset. 5HB coaching for creatives
This website was last updated on 14 September 2016