Counselling & psychotherapy in North Somerset & Bristol
Counselling for individuals and couples
Supervision for professionals
Face-to-face telephone and Online
Counselling, psychotherapy and sex therapy in North Somerset, Bristol and Online
Welcome to my Bristol and North Somerset (Backwell / Nailsea), psychotherapy and couples therapy practice. As a long established, accredited and registered counsellor/psychotherapist I offer a private, relaxed, comfortable and informal space where you can talk in confidence about any troubling issues. I also supervise counsellors, psychotherapists and other mental health professionals.
Common reasons women and men visit me (or connect via online video chat) for private sessions include:
- depression, rumination and self-blame
- stress and anxiety
- relationship issues
- past traumas (including abuse)
- low self-confidence and negative life events
- sexual problems such as low sex drive (loss of libido) or erectile dysfunction (ED)
- issues men and women have around loss in pregnancy
- difficulties around sexuality and gender
- digital addictions (including sex and porn addictions)
- issues concerning personal development, fulfilment and
searching for meaning and direction in life.
If you go to the Therapies section of this website you can view the pages for Individual Therapy, Couples Counselling, Sex Therapy and Online work as well as WalkTalk and Porn Recovery. This site will also let you read detailed information on the different services I offer in counselling, psychotherapy and coaching, and get a bit more of an idea of the professional, friendly and inclusive way I work. If you have any specific requirements or would like more information once you’ve had a read, then do please get in contact with me. You can read more detailed information about my work with couples on my separate website Therapy Place Couples.
I know it can feel like a big deal to make the first step into counselling and psychotherapy, but I’ll do my best to help you feel comfortable right from your first contact with me.
I have specific experience or expertise in the areas of:
- working with women who prefer to see a male counsellor/psychotherapist
- couples therapy
- working with men
- anxiety and stress management
- working in creative, unique and individual ways
- emotional issues raised for men and women when a pregnancy is ended
- pornography addictions and issues, and
- developing self-guided ways of working.
‘WILL I HAVE TO WAIT TO BOOK A SESSION?’
The side bar of any page on this site will generally have information about my availability (on mobile phones, this information shows at the bottom of the page). However, even if I’m fully booked do make contact if you’d like to work with me, as I might know that a space is coming up soon but am not ready to advertise it.
I originally established my thriving face-to-face practice in Cambridge UK at the beginning of the century. In 2005 I developed my online work (originally for counselling men through Skype and telephone) and since 2015 I have also been offering walk-and-talk therapy in the City of Bristol and in near by North Somerset around the Backwell area. In March 2019 I relocated my practice back to where I was born in Bristol and the sorrounding North Somerset area.
As a counsellor, psychotherapist and coach I currently offer:
- a location-based general practice – Therapy Place Bristol
- a face-to-face couples service – (based in North Somerset and Bristol)
- Walk and Talk therapy – which takes place during the Spring, Summer and early Autumn seasons. Starting points in Bristol (BS1 5JS), North Somerset (BS48 1TN). Click for more information.
- My Online service can be found at Therapy-Space Cambridge.
You can check my registration and accreditation through the BACP
Therapy Place Bristol
Face-to-face and online counselling, psychotherapy and sex-therapy for men, women and couples. I work as a counsellor and psychotherapist with people all over the UK and face-to-face in Bristol (BS1 & BS9), North Somerset (BS48) Nailsea and Backwell (BS48) and Bath (BA1). People from Long Ashton, Backwell, Wraxall, Nailsea, Congresbury, Cleeve, Yatton, Clevedon, Portishead and Barrow Gurney, will find my practice easy to travel to. This page was last updated on 13 Aug 2019