Counselling & psychotherapy in North Somerset and Bristol
Counselling for individuals and couples
Supervision for professionals
Face-to-face* telephone and Online
Counselling, psychotherapy and sex therapy in North Somerset, Bristol and Online
Welcome to my North Somerset (Backwell / Nailsea) and South Bristol counselling, psychotherapy and couples therapy practice. As a long-established British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)-accredited and registered counsellor/psychotherapist, I offer a relaxed, supportive, friendly and ethical therapeutic place where you can talk in confidence about any troubling issues. I also supervise counsellors, psychotherapists and other mental health professionals.
Common reasons women and men visit me (or connect via online video chat) for private sessions include:
- depression, rumination and self-blame
- stress and anxiety
- relationship issues
- past traumas (including abuse)
- low self-confidence and negative life events
- sexual problems such as low sex drive (loss of libido) or erectile dysfunction (ED)
- issues men and women have around loss in pregnancy
- difficulties around sexuality and gender
- digital addictions (including sex and porn addictions)
- issues concerning personal development, fulfilment and
searching for meaning and direction in life.
If you go to the Therapies section you can view the pages for Online, Individual, and WalkTalk therapy as well Sex Therapy and Porn Recovery, you can read detailed information on the different services I offer in counselling, psychotherapy and coaching, and get a bit more of an idea of the professional, friendly and inclusive way I work. If you have any specific requirements or would like more information once you’ve had a read, then do please get in contact with me.
I know it can feel like a big deal to make the first step into counselling and psychotherapy, but I’ll do my best to help you feel comfortable right from your first contact with me.
I have specific experience or expertise in the areas of:
- working with women who prefer to see a male counsellor/psychotherapist
- couples therapy
- working with men
- anxiety and stress management
- working in creative, unique and individual ways
- emotional issues raised for men and women when a pregnancy is ended
- pornography addictions and issues, and
- developing self-guided ways of working.
‘WILL I HAVE TO WAIT TO BOOK A SESSION?’
The side bar of any page on this site will generally have information about my availability (on mobile phones, this information shows at the bottom of the page). However, even if I’m fully booked do make contact if you’d like to work with me, as I might know that a space is coming up soon but am not ready to advertise it.
I established my thriving face-to-face practice in Cambridge UK at the beginning of the century. In 2005 I developed my online work (originally for counselling men through Skype and telephone) and since 2015 I have also been offering walk-and-talk therapy in the City of Bristol, North Somerset and in Bath. In late 2018 my main practice will relocate to my home city area of Bristol and North Somerset.
As a counsellor, psychotherapist and coach I currently offer:
- a location-based general practice – Therapy-Space Cambridge
- a face-to-face couples service – Therapy-Space Couples (based in Cambridge)
- Walk and Talk therapy – which takes place at various weekends throughout the year. Starting points in Bristol (BS1 5JS), North Somerset (BS48 1TN) and Bath (BA2 6NT). Click for more information.
- My Online service can be found at Therapy Place Bristol.
- My face-to-face practice will relocate to Bristol (BS1 and BS48) in early 2019.
You can check my registration and accreditation through the BACP
Therapy Place Bristol
Online counselling, Online psychotherapy and Online sex-therapy for men, women and couples. I also work as a counsellor and psychotherapist with people face-to-face in Cambridge, Bristol (BS1 & BS9), North Somerset (BS48) Nailsea and Backwell (BS48) and Bath. People from Long Ashton, Wraxall, Nailsea, Congresbury, Cleeve,Yatton, Clevedon, Portishead and Barrow Gurney, will find my new Backwell practice easy to travel to. This page was last updated on 29 January 2019